All meetings are on Monday, 4:30-6:00pm in S403, unless otherwise noted.
- October 7 – Andrew Langford (Chicago) & Matthijs den Dulk (Chicago) – “Polycarp & Polemo: Early Christianity at the Center of the Second Sophistic.“
- October 21 – Justin Howell (Chicago) – “Covert and Secure Speech in Luke-Acts.”
- November 4 – Drew Strait (Pretoria) - ”Pseudo-Solomon’s Polemic Against Imperial Cult Media and Paul’s Speech on the Areopagus.”
- December 3 (NB: this is a Tuesday) – Prof. Urban von Wahlde (Loyola) - “Some Seldom Noticed Features of the Gospel of John.”
- December 9 – James Covington (Chicago) – “How to Do Things with God’s Words: Translation Technique of Divine Speech Acts in LXX Genesis.” --cosponsored by the Hebrew Bible Workshop. This meeting will be in S201.
- January 13 – Cameron Ferguson (Chicago)
- January 27 – Prof. John Kloppenborg (Toronto)
- February 10 – TBA
- February 24 - Prof. Hindy Najman (Yale)--cosponsored by the Hebrew Bible Workshop
- February 25 (NB: this is a Tuesday)– Special Pedagogy Session on the Art of Lecturing with Prof. Hindy Najman (Yale) and Dean Margaret M. Mitchell (Chicago)--cosponsored by the Hebrew Bible Workshop and the Bible Area Club.
- April 7 – Prof. Jaś Elsner (Oxford/Chicago)
- April 21 – Prof. Harry O. Maier (Vancouver) –cosponsored by the Chicago Center for the Study of Ancient Religion (CSAR)
- May 5 – Prof. Elizabeth Asmis (Chicago) - “Lucretius’ On the Nature of Things as a Conversion Narrative.”
- May 19 – Prof. Christoph Markschies (Berlin) - Prof. Markschies will also give a public lecture at the Divinity School on May 20
- June 2 – TBA