Jerusalem on the Madaba Map, in the apse of the church of St George at Madaba, Mid-6th Century.
All meetings are on Monday, 4:30-6:00pm in S200, unless otherwise noted.
- October 5 – James Covington (Chicago) – “Telling the Flood Stories in LXX-Genesis.” – This workshop will be cosponsored with the Hebrew Bible Workshop
- October 7 – Gary A. Anderson (University of Notre Dame) – “Morals or Metaphysics: The Place of Charity in Christian Thought” – This is a special workshop we are cosponsoring with Lumen Christ. Note alternate time and place: Wednesday, 7 PM, Location TBA.
- October 19 – Prof. Thomas Tobin (Loyola University) – “Philo of Alexandria and the Subversion of Eschatological Language.”
- November 2 – Ben Sheppard (Chicago) – “Chaironeia and the Hellenistic Center: Plutarch, Hellenization, and the New Testament.”
- November 16 – Andrew Langford (Chicago) – TBA
- November 30 – Kelly Holob (Chicago) – “Anti-Epicurean Polemic in Gregory of Nyssa’s De anima et resurrectione“